Social Media is not just social. People hire and fire people according to their digital footprint. Remember if you post something online, send an e-mail or a text message a screen shot makes that electronic communication forever. This means we should not post anything online that we don’t want the whole world to see because there is a possibility of the whole world seeing it especially if someone goes awol. I wrote the 10 commandments of social media with your future in mind. I don’t want something you posted on social media to sabotage your success.
10 Commandments of Social Media
- Thou shalt not post on the Facebook wall of someone you have no relationship with.
- Thou shalt not tag people to a picture they are not in.
- Thou shalt not put your dirty laundry on Facebook. This is called social nudity and you could be in danger of being prosecuted for indecent exposure. This often makes people look crazy, unstable, unsafe and untrustworthy.
- Thou shalt not use passive aggressive behavior because you are afraid of confrontation.
- Thou shalt not make public posts that should be private conversations.
- Thou shalt not take provocative pictures of yourself if you expect to be treated with respect. (Bible verses and bikinis have nothing to do with each another.) If you need attention that bad you may need to see a Psychologist.
- Thou shalt not simply follow people because you want them to follow you back.
- Thou shalt not write in all capitals because people may think you are yelling at them.
- Thou shalt not post naked pictures of your children, that’s just weird. (There are too many sicko’s out there.)
- Thou shalt not post off topic and irrelevant comments on an original post because people will not take you seriously.
If you enjoyed this blog you will enjoy a short video that I did entitled – Social Nudity : the remix. Click here to watch.