Just because you are getting older doesn’t mean you are growing up. Just because you are getting older doesn’t mean you are getting wiser. Growth is a choice. It doesn’t happen by accident, it happens on purpose. Someone who knows they need to grow, will be humble. Someone who is humble, will be teachable. So to know if you are growing find out if you are teachable. Below are 7 ways to identify if you are growing.
7 ways to identify if you are teachable.
- If you are teachable you desire to learn.
- If you are teachable you put into practice what you have learned.
- If you are teachable you learn from your mistakes and the mistakes of others.
- If you are teachable you are willing to admit when you are wrong.
- If you are teachable you are willing to take correction and make right what is wrong.
- If you are teachable you don’t just learn from your leaders, you learn from your piers and even those who you perceive to be under you.
- If you are teachable you are slow to speak. If you are not slow to speak usually you think you know more than you really do.
“If you don’t apply what you have been taught you are not teachable.” –Sarah LiVecchi. You are not the best one to determine if you are teachable. A trusted friend who is perceptive and emotionally healthy is better suited to tell you the truth. Your growth is determined by your ability to be teachable and accountable. Remember the seeds of true greatness only grow on the grounds of humility. When you are humble you attract the help you need to get where you are going.